Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Year - New Decade - New Me!

I haven't made a new year's resolution in many, many years. I've felt like all I do is set myself up for failure. This year, something changed. Perhaps it has to do with getting my hormones adjusted, finding out I have a food allergy and eliminating it from my diet, or the fact that I'm about to turn 50! What ever the reason for the change ... I LIKE IT!

My new year's resolutions this year are: 1) eat more veggies and 2) do more volunteer work. Being that I haven't liked to interact with people much over the last 2 decades - this is a very big step for me. I've always like helping people, but, I like being behind the scenes. Now I want to show my face more. I figure the more I show my face, the more involved I will become.

First up, I joined a local quilt guild and attended my first meeting last week. I enjoyed it very much. I met several ladies and was made to feel welcomed by all. I accepted my first volunteer job - it's not much, but it's a start, right? I will be responsible for coming up with a BOM (block of the month) for the year 2010. I already have one picked out. As soon as I work out the details (fabric colors) and make one up, I'll post a "how to." I'm kind of excited about this!

Until next time ... happy quilting,
K

No comments: