Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Has it really been since April?!?

It seems like it was only 3 or 4 months ago since I was making New Year Resolutions for 2010. Wow, time flies, right?

I didn't make any New Year Resolutions for this year, unless you count: "to continue to keep last year's resolutions."

The last quarter of 2010 was a busy one. Between working craft fairs, fulfilling custom orders, making Christmas gifts and spending time with family & friends ... keeping up with a blog and my website just fell by the wayside.

I've started off this year with the intention to finish some projects that have been around for a while now. When I first started quilting, I just couldn't understand how quilters could have "UFO's." When I started a quilt project - I couldn't wait to finish it. But, as I've learned, when a person gets busy with projects with a deadline, the ones without just seem to never get finished. And then there are the ones that you have grand plans for, but as you go along it's not exactly turning out the way you envisioned. Out of frustration or disappointment, it gets set aside for something more interesting. I have several of those too.

Earlier this month, I also joined a few online quilt groups for a mug rug swap, a block of the month club and became a detective to see if I can help solve a quilting murder mystery. The mug rug swap has 330 participants from 25 countries / 6 provinces / 41 states. HATS OFF to Michele at Quilting Gallery for organizing such a huge event! This week I received my Secret Pal information for the swap. I'm very excited about it and I'm ready to start designing the mug rugs for my Pal. I intend to post pics on the progress.

Just before Christmas I bought myself a new toy (it was on sale at a deep discount): an AccuQuilt Go! And with some very generous Christmas gift cash, I've got some dies on order and just received notice today that they are on their way. I'm confident that it will speed up my quilting process so that, once I get caught up, I will no longer have UFO's ... or ... at least not as many. ;o}


No comments: